As members of the Colorado Judiciary, we have a unique opportunity to come together to support our colleagues, staff, and communities through these challenging times. In order to do this well, it is more necessary than ever for us to remain focused on our own path to well-being. We hope you will utilize the resources throughout the Judicial Well-Being site and check back frequently for new content. Stay connected, stay creative and stay well!
Could you use a free, confidential, and “virtual” helping hand? COLAP’s got you covered.
While the initial shock and stress of world events and shelter-in-place has passed, we continue to face new and difficult stressors. You might feel isolated, overwhelmed with urgent demands on your time and attention, or be juggling multiple personal and professional issues that include physical illness and financial concerns. Heightened stress can also exacerbate behavioral health issues such as anxiety, depression, substance use, and addiction. Your Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program (COLAP) is open and providing free and confidential assistance for the legal community. Click here for quick tips on teleworking and staying calm during changing times for judges. For a confidential consultation and discussion about your stressors, helpful resources, or to schedule a free ethics CLE well-being webinar for court or organization, contact your Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program: 303-986-3345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. * All calls and emails are confidential * Click here for information on virtual support group meetings exclusively for the legal community through CLHL.
Other Helpful Resources
- Top 10 Complaints About Pandemic Living. Coloradolap.org
- Coping with Coronavirus Stress. Psychology Today
- Ways to Rewire Your Brain to Deal With The Coronavirus Stress. Psychology Today
- Coronavirus Anxiety: Coping With Stress, Fear, and Uncertainty. Helpguide.org
- 7 Science-Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety. The Conversation.com.
- Silver Linings: How to Stay Positive During the Coronavirus Crisis. The Guardian.com
- 11 Ways Emotionally Intelligent People Overcome Uncertainty. Talentsmart
- Action for Happiness Coping Calendar.
- Judges Teleworking and Staying Calm During Difficult Times. Coloradolap.org
- 5 Ways To Work From Home Effectively. Harvard Business Review
- 3 Ways Anxiety Can Affect Decision-Making (and What to Do). Psychology Today
- Quick Tips for Teleworking and Staying Calm During Changing Times for Judges. Coloradolap.org
- How to Lead When Your Team is Exhausted- and You Are, Too. Harvard Business Review
- Building Relationships Amidst Social Distancing. Center for Positive Organizations, University of Michigan.
- How you and your kids can de-stress during coronavirus. PBS.org
- A Guide for Working (from home) Parents. Harvard Business Review
- How to Home School During Coronavirus. The New York Times.
- Parents Need Stress Relief Too. The New York Times.